3-Day Intensive Clinical Orthopedic Certificate Course – Terry Rzepkowski
16 Hours 06 Minutes
We know you’ve been interested in the latest techniques in arthroscopic repair and joint replacement – but maybe your busy treatment schedule just has not allowed you the time? In this course, we will view together and discuss arthroscopic and joint replacement videos to keep pace with surgical advances and the active expectations of their recipients.
All the courses you buy, when you need them, Please inform and I will always resend the link to you. However, You should download early and conveniently study anytime, anywhere.
We know you’ve been interested in the latest techniques in arthroscopic repair and joint replacement – but maybe your busy treatment schedule just has not allowed you the time? In this course, we will view together and discuss arthroscopic and joint replacement videos to keep pace with surgical advances and the active expectations of their recipients. You will leave with practice-changing insights focused on arthroscopic repair and joint replacement patients using hands-on lab activities.
How many times have you come across information on an advancement in orthopedic joint care, but the daily grind of patient scheduling, treatments, and documentation leave no time left in the day, week, or month to give it a second glance? Terry Rzepkowski, DTP, completely understands how frustrating that can be. This 3-day certificate course will provide that uninterrupted focus you desire, along with extensive
hands-on lab opportunities that allow for renewed confidence in the treatment of your orthopedic joint patients.
OUTLINE: DAY 1
Assessment of the Orthopedic joint patient
- Application of orthopedic special tests and their findings
- Correlation of special test findings with diagnostic imaging results
- Rehabilitation options with consideration of:
- Conservative therapies, function and pain level, surgical options, physical co-morbidities, and relative bone density
Video presentations of surgical procedures Including
- Shoulder arthroscopic procedures: SAD, RTC repair, SLAP and Bankart repair
- Total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA)
- Reverse TSA
- Radiograph assisted Total Elbow Arthroplasty
- Practice in donning and doffing of UE immobilizers
OUTLINE: DAY 2
Actual patient video presentations of surgical procedures:
- Hip Arthroscopic procedures: FAI and Acetabular labral repair
- Total Hip Arthroplasty (THA), conventional posterior and lateral approaches
- Anterior THA and THA revision
- Knee Arthroscopic procedures: Partial menisectomy, meniscal repair, bio ingrowth cartilage
- Total Knee replacement (TKA) conventional and sub vastus, uni & bi compartment
- The future of joint replacement with custom implants, computerized and robotic assisted hip, knee and ankle replacement
Acute post-op recovery:
- Discharge planning: New 2016 Guidelines for Total joints
- Acute Rehab / Skilled Nursing / Home which is the right choice in terms of accessibility, assistance, activity restrictions, and length of time
- Pain management, opioid tolerance and opioid induced constipation (OIC)
- Use of cold recirculator units and cold compression devices
- Active and passive TED strategies
- Demonstration of TED hose application
- Wound Care / Infection Prevention
- Demonstration of PICO dressing
- Demonstration of point of care PT/INR
- Selection and adjustment of assistive devices with instruction in proper usage for support
OUTLINE: DAY 3
Treatment sessions for the acute through the subacute phase of recovery
- Shoulder: Active proximal scapular exercise and cervical stretching techniques with permissible distal UE
- Hip: Immediate post-op exercises and progressions for the conventional and anterior approach, including transfer considerations
- Knee: Immediate post-op exercises and progressions for the conventional and subvastus approach, including forms of stretching
Strategies of optimal function for out-patient and beyond
- Shoulder: Manual techniques to build proximal scapular stabilization and progression to rotator cuff strengthening
- Hip: Progression of core pelvic strengthening, proximal trunk stability, proprioceptive, balance, coordination activities, return of normal gait mechanics
- Knee: Progression of flexibility exercises, patellar mobilization, demonstration of patella femoral taping, the importance of proper footwear, proprioceptive, balance, coordination activities, return of normal gait mechanics
- Analyze altered joint mechanics and the advancement of degenerative joint conditions to the staging orthopedic interventions.
- Participate in hands-on application of special tests in differentiating joint damage for the shoulder, hip, and knee.
- Evaluate the key indications for timing of arthroscopic or joint replacement surgery.
- Divide the indications and procedures of TSA and Rev TSA.
- Communicate various surgical approaches for THA.
- Correlate the intra-operative procedure leading to increased conservative measure time required for THA revision.
- Communicate the traditional approaches with MIS and MSS surgical approaches.
- Analyze the advantages of computerized and robotic assisted replacement surgeries.
- Propose the benefits of a multi-modal approach to post-operative pain.
- Analyze the return to activity timeline of the post-surgical patient.
- Explore the best practice strategies post-op exercises including UE manual scapular stabilization techniques and closed chain functional exercises of the LE.
- Participate in hands-on application of cold therapies, UE immobilizers and point of care PT/INR.
- Apply assistive devices correctly to optimize post-op needs.
- Role play acute and sub-acute intervention strategies for the total shoulder, hip, and knee patient.
- Practice advanced level out-patient intervention strategies for the total shoulder, hip, and knee patient.
- Evaluate the latest research to guide treatment decisions for total joint patients.
- Assess an orthopedic joint patient so that you don’t overlook any important details.
- Explore what is on the horizon for joint replacements.
Tag: 3-Day Intensive Clinical Orthopedic Certificate Course – Terry Rzepkowski Review. 3-Day Intensive Clinical Orthopedic Certificate Course – Terry Rzepkowski download. 3-Day Intensive Clinical Orthopedic Certificate Course – Terry Rzepkowski discount.
Buy 3-Day Intensive Clinical Orthopedic Certificate Course – Terry Rzepkowski Course at eBokly. You will have immediate access to the digital downloads in your account or your order email.
When you purchase a course at eBokly, you will receive:
- You can find most of what you need including ebooks, courses.
- Lots of high-quality online courses.
- We share knowledge, always the best price for you.
- You will get a refund if the product is incorrect